Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Survey Results are In

As part of our assignment for this week, we had to take a survey which would indicate which educational philosophies we agreed with most. My top 3 were Humanism, Information Processing, and Cognitivism. When I read the descriptions of my top 3, I thought that the results were pretty true to my feelings and beliefs.
The Humanism aspect says that educators teach based on the belief that students should focus on personal growth and becoming the best that they can be. It also states that students have unlimited potential and that humans can control their own destiny. These are beliefs that I hold very dear and believe them with all of my heart.
The second was Information Processing which focuses on how the mind works. This subject has always fascinated me. The fact that we have the ability to learn, file that information away and recall that information sometimes years later (hopefully) is amazing.
This was a great exercise for me to also gain understanding of the many different teaching philosophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment