Friday, July 9, 2010

Inspirational Teaching

To me inspirational teaching means giving students the power to learn. Just think how much students could learn if subjects were taught to them in ways where they could have a true understanding.
As I began to research my groups power point yesterday, it gave me a clear understanding of what inspirational teaching means to me. I think it is extraordinarily important to always instill confidence in children. Students should not be afraid to give a wrong answer or make a mistake. Many times that is how we learn, even as adults.
I also believe that students need to be able to apply topics to the real world. If we are talking about money, why not set up a store and give the children play money so they can be responsible for make their own decisions? That teaches not only about currency, but also about making choices and not being able to have everything you want at once. Just think if students learned from an early age that if you only have a certain amount of money, you have to make a decision on what to purchase and what to leave behind. There will be no credit cards in my classroom!!
I believe that when a student has a clear understanding of something, success in school becomes a natural by-product of that understanding. It will be my goal as a teacher to try and instill a love of learning in all of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment